The mission and objectives of the Foundation are:
- 1. Helping persons affected by acts of war.
- 2. Providing assistance to persons suffering from serious illnesses and waiting for difficult or expensive medical treatments.
- 3. Helping the needy and the disadvantaged as well as the institutions of major social importance that are in a difficult financial situation.
- 4. Supporting specially gifted persons who cannot pursue their projects due to paucity of funds.
- 5. Assisting hospitals, medical facilities, educational and welfare establishments.
- 6. Supporting activities aimed at the protection of life from conception to natural death.
- 7. Making and support activities in the field of dissemination of culture and education.
- 8. Acting in favour of organizations whose statutory objectives are the following activities: scientific, scientific-technical, educational, cultural, physical and sport, protection of the environment, charity, health care and social assistance , professional and social rehabilitation of disabled.
The Foundation pursues its goals through:
- 1. Educational, publishing, cultural and research activities.
- 2. Organization and funding of cultural, recreational and sports activities.
- 3. Conducting of training and information sessions.
- 4. Funding of scholarships.
- 5. Organizing and financing of summer camps and tours for children and adolescents.
- 6. Organizing and financing the purchase of specialized medical equipment.
- 7. Organization and funding of medical treatments, therapy and rehabilitation in Polish or foreign institutions and facilities.
- 8. Purchase of drugs and medical devices.
- 9. Purchase of food, hygiene products and other items to meet the needs of everyday life.
- 10. Financial and material aid.
- 11. Cooperation with local authorities, governmental and non-governmental organizations for the purposes of the Foundation.
To achieve its objectives, the Foundation can support the activities of other persons and institutions convergent with its objectives.
The SOS For Life Foundation is a foundation operating on the basis of the Law Concerning Foundations (Dziennik Ustaw, 1991, n. 46, section 203 with subsequent modifications) and of the Law on Public Benefit Activity and Volunteer Work as well as its statutes. Our goal is to help suffering and poor persons, the most vulnerable persons who, because of ill health, age or poverty are not able to improve their situation.Read more